Because of my musical training, my primary mode of creation is sonic, and greater emphasis is placed on creative acts that are heard rather than seen. To that end, I have spent the last several years building and curating a sound library of field recordings from various locations around the world (Alaska, Canada, Sweden, Finland, and Norway among others).
In my studies at Virginia Tech, I integrate my background in composition and computer music with newfound skills in animation, motion graphics, photogrammetry, human-centered design, generative art, and new media to create sonic and visual art for immersive environments. Currently, I am most interested in making art that engages directly with themes of environmentalism, biomimicry, human-computer interaction, and emergent phenomena.
- Cornell University, BA – Music: 2011-2015
- Virginia Tech, MFA – Creative Technologies: 2017-2019 (expected)
2019 Data Bank Art Show, Blacksburg, VA
- created a performance art piece featuring “Janet”, a blue-haired, high-heeled persona who interacted with visitors.
2018 NewOrleans Film Festival, Cinema Reset
- created a brief frame-by-frame animation for Watershed, a projection mapping piece in the Cinema Reset (new media) category of the New Orleans Film Festival
2018 Data Bank Art Show, Blacksburg, VA
- premiered Dicyanoacetylene, an experimental multi-channel audio piece
ICAT Creativity and Innovation Day, May 2018
- Sonification of Emergence, an experimental work for 24-channel audio, Max/MSP, and Processing
Moss Arts Center Galleries, Spring 2018
- Laurie Anderson: Invented Instruments
- Research Assistant to Kevin Concannon, Art Historian and worked with Margo Crutchfield, Moss Arts Center Curator-at-Large for the opening of the Laurie Anderson Exhibit.
Graduate Assistant, Virginia Tech: August 2017 – present
- Assisted the instructor for ART 5604: Creative Code
- Assisted the instructor for ART 3574/5524: Motion Graphics/Motion Graphic Design
- Prepared video footage of student work for ICAT Day
- Assisted with redesign of interpretive display at McCormick Farm near Steeles Tavern, VA
- Collected information about Laurie Anderson’s body of work in preparation for Invented Instruments exhibit at the Moss Arts Center in May 2018
- Managed social media presence of NIME 2018
- Worked with the Design Team to create the NIME 2018 Conference Booklet
Performing Arts Coordinator, National Youth Science Camp: Summer, 2016 – 2017
- Coordinated musical performances during camp
- Taught seminars on instrumental music
- Maintained an inventory of instruments, sheet music, and other assets
Co-President of Contrapunkt: the Undergraduate Composers’ Consortium, Cornell University: 2014-2015
- Oversaw communications within the organization.
- Connected with other groups to organize events on campus.
- Facilitated communication between student composers and players
- Communicated with faculty advisor about state of the organization